Amazon firestick is a streaming device, where you can convert your ordinary TV into a Smart TV. In other words, you can get access to all movies streaming apps, music, web series, live channels and much more. Firstly, all you need is two things to connect firestick, a WIFI connection ( Atleast 4mbps) & TV with an HDMI port. Moreover, you can also add third-party android apps to your firestick. There’s no monthly charge for using firestick, but you will have to pay for subscriptions.
How to Setup Amazon Fire stick?
You can set up your Amazon firestick easily by following these steps -
Step 1 -After booting up firestick for the first time, you need to select your preferred language. After that, you will have to select your WIFI connection and you will be good to go.
Note – Software updates take around 15 min for the first startup.
Step 2 – If you already have an amazon account, you can simply log in with your existing account. Otherwise, you can go to create a new account option and create a new one.
Step 3 – Afterwards, It will show up to synchronize your remote, which comes with the firestick. You just need to click the volume up-down button to check whether remote is working correctly.
Step 4 – Lastly, it will ask you to add your interest and services like Netflix, Spotify, Hulu and many others. Now you can watch any movie, TV shows or live TV channels.
Amazon Fire stick Features
- Movies – You can access thousands of popular movies and TV shows from services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Hotstar, Apple TV and many more. Moreover, there are plenty of free subscriptions for live channels, movies & tv shows which can easily replace your DTH services. You can also install third-party android apps in your amazon firestick.
Note – You need to buy Netflix, amazon prime subscriptions separately.
- Apps – There are tons of useful apps that you can use in your day to day life. Apps like Spotify, Youtube, Firefox browser, Daily news etc. can easily be downloaded. Youtube app also supports cast-screen. However, you can install apps manually by going to the developer option.
- Alexa Voice Remote – By just pressing the mic button and ask Alexa to easily find, play, and control movies and TV shows.
- Screen Mirroring – Amazon firestick does support screen mirroring, but the quality is not adequate. However, Chromecast has much better screen mirroring.
- Games – You can also play android app store games like Asphalt, Crossy roads etc. But don’t expect any high-end graphics games to run as it’s not meant for gaming purpose.
- Other Features– 1.3 GHz quadcore processor with 8GB internal storage
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dolby audio
- supports resolution up to 108op\60fps
Also Read: How to download Popcorn time for Firestick